Services & Help


*For information and resources related to Covid-19 pleases check Here*


Get the help you need with BC211

To find services and organizations available to help people experiencing difficulties please contact BC211.

To speak in person with an information and referral specialist simply dial 2‐1‐1 from a landline or cell phone. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

You can also text the name of your town or city to 2‐1‐1 to be connected with services in your area. This service is available from 8 am to 11 pm, seven days a week.

Visit to learn more.


What my Community Office can help you with:


Before calling or visiting one of my offices please confirm that you are a resident of Nanaimo~North Cowichan.  Follow this link and enter your postal code:


When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist. Your confidentiality is respected at all times. To give you a better idea of how we can help, please review the following information.

We can:

  • Provide information on locating government services and contact information
  • Assist in understanding government policies and services
  • Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy
  • Ensure due process is being followed
  • Attend community events
  • Provide congratulatory and greeting messages
  • Provide government documents, legislation discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access
  • Resolve issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies. (however, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with).
  • Provide “certified true” copies of documents
  • Provide fax service

We can help you if:

  • You are a resident of the Nanaimo~North Cowichan riding; and,
  • Your matter is with the provincial government.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • You do not reside in Nanaimo~North Cowichan.
  • You have  or need to retain a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case.
  • Your matter is pending before the courts.
  • The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct , please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

We are unable to:

  • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
  • Influence processes set up in law to be independent of the Legislature –such as Ombudsman, Police Complaints Commissioner. Representative for Child and Youth, professional and other
  • Change the time limits for filing appeals
  • Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature
  • Interfere with federal or municipal issues
  • Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours
  • Find constituents housing
  • Find constituents employment